Our MBK Each One of Us mentoring program at Jack Yates High School helps young men of color (YMOC) improve academic achievement, self-esteem, and social competence, and avoid high-risk behavior by providing a relationship with a caring adult who works to help them achieve their full potential.
What We Do:
- Provide one-to-one mentoring to YMOC to students ages 14 to 19
- Foster and build a network of collaboration and partners
- Provide positive long-lasting and impactful relationships
With your help, the Each One of Us mentoring program aims to achieve the following:
- Decrease attitudes supporting violence and the willingness to use violence in conflict situations
- Increase high school graduation rates
- Increase college enrollment
- Increase connections to the community through mentorship
- Increase knowledge about financial resiliency and careers
Join the “Each One of Us” mentoring program at Jack Yates High School.
Jack Yates High School Mentee (Student)
Jack Yates High School Mentor Application
Other programs you might find helpful
Providing tools to girls under 18 toenhance self-esteem, connectwith others, adopt healthyliving (body, mind, and spirit),and plan for the future.
The Youth C.A.N. program serves and supports youth under 18 who are placed in juvenile residential facilities in Harris County, Texas.
Youth Justice Community Reinvestment Fund
The Community Reinvestment Fund prioritizes investment in communities with high rates of juvenile justice referrals to prevent crime before it happens by supporting local organizations that engage youth at risk.